"Likely to be spent on better food for children, on their education and overall quality of standard of living of that household" - Does that make sense??
Krishna Tirath is suggesting that by giving a salary to the wife, the overall income for the household will increase. Does she not understand basic mathematics? As per the proposal - the amount being paid to the housewife will be coming from the husband's monthly salary. Implying the net income available to the household would effectively remain exactly the same.
Unless the proposal includes Krishna's ministry providing remuneration to the wives OR a special allowance being given to men married to unemployed women, I don't see how her proposal can result in a higher income for the household or improve the overall quality of standard of living.
OR Is the minister simply suggesting that men don't care about the food or education of their offspring??!! That is a rather idiotic assumption and not very lady like. You are free to push your 'feminist agenda' by proposing whatever pointless reforms you want (not referring to this one in particular). But suggesting that men are irresponsible and don't care about their child's nourishment or education is not right.
Under the guise of 'development and welfare' of women, all you have been doing is promoting a bias against men. So, when I say - Bitch… put a sock in it - I am NOT being a sexist or a MCP. I am merely expressing my displeasure at your continued stupidity and would like it, immensely - if you would shut the fuck up.
- Are you suggesting an Employee / Employer relationship for the married couple?
- Who is going to decide on the working hours and job description?
- Will the ministry approve of an employer's demand for a probation period for fresh recruits?
- Does the remuneration include sexual services or is that to be treated independent from the 'scope of work'?
- If the above is included in the 'scope of work' then who will determine if the husband should pay the wife or the wife should pay the husband?
- If a husband takes his wife out for shopping or a movie, would the ministry endorse the husband's right to demand a taxi fare from the wife?
- Would Krishna also include in the proposal that the wife and children pay for boarding / lodging?
- In case the employer is not satisfied with the services, is he entitled to terminate his wife's employment and seek suitable replacement i.e. without going through the divorce proceedings and just 'hiring' a more competent wife under a new employment contract to replace his earlier employee?
- What is the ministry's position on employing 'another wife' on a temporary basis to cope with the increased work load during holidays or festivals?
- By equating the housewife's status to that of a housekeeper/maid/nanny/prostitute, does Krishna really believe she is working for 'development and welfare'???
- Paying a woman to take care of her children and her house?! Is that REALLY something the ministry wishes to promote?
- IS THIS YOUR IDEA OF A BETTER QUALITY OF STANDARD OF LIVING FOR THE HOUSEHOLD?
Clearly, you haven't thought this through… have you?!
Dikhaawon pe mat jaao, apni akal ladaao.